Interested in becoming a Student Member?
Making it to the next level of your academic career requires the right network. With SME, you will be connected to more thn 15,500 of the top professionals and students in the minerals industry.
To learn more about becoming a Student Member, please review the Student Member Qualifications.
Student Membership Benefits:
- Mining Engineering — Complimentary subscription. SME’s monthly technical journal will keep you updated on the latest technical advances in the industry.
- OneMine.org — Full access to our Global Mining and Minerals Library: OneMine.org. With thousands of articles, technical papers, books and other documents from industry societies worldwide at your fingertips.
- SME Annual Meeting and Exhibit — The annual minerals business summit. Activities include: the Mentor Program; Student Forum; Career Planning Workshop; Technical Sessions and Exhibit. Reduced student member registration fees.
- Membership Directory — A comprehensive list of members, representing your peers in the mining and minerals industries. Available in printed format annually in Mining Engineering Magazine and a searchable, online version here on the SME website.
- Leadership Opportunities — Student Chapters or the Young Leaders Program.
- Scholarships —Dozens of scholarships available. Online listings and applications available for student members.
- Local Section and Division Membership — Network with industry professionals and specialized technical support for your interests.
- Discounted Books and Publications — Discounted student prices available. All the best reference and technical publications in the world.
- Online Job Search — MiningJobs.org to search for job listings around the world and post your resume.
- Online Resources — Personal SME Membership Phonebook and Search; Publications; SME Tech Online, eBooks and lots more!
- Student Membership Contest — Sign up new members to earn a trip to the SME Annual Meeting.
- Graduation Gift — Upon graduation you can apply for 1 year FREE SME Membership.
- Personal and Financial Benefits — Life and Medical Insurance, Liability Insurance and Much More!
Join Now, or download the application PDF, complete and fax to 303-948-4265.
Questions about membership?
Call the Member Relations Team at 800-763-3132 (303-948-4200 in Denver, CO) or email email@example.com.
Already a member? Make the most of your membership just: get started, get connected, and then get involved.