Become a Professional Member
To learn more about becoming a Professional Member, please review the Professional Member Qualifications.
Professional Membership Benefits:
- Networking — Form friendships, develop professional associations or just have conversations with thought leaders working to address the needs of the mining and industry.
- Technical Documents and Publications — Access the largest concentration of mining and minerals related books, eBooks and publications in the world. Membership includes a free subscription to both the Mining Engineering and Tunneling & Underground Construction magazines.
- Peer-to-Peer Technical Training — Attend online and live training from industry leaders and experts with either a theoretical approach to problem solving, or real-life experience facing challenges that you might be facing yourself.
- Professional Development — Access tools and media to enhance your professional skills and advance in your career. Mentor a younger member, deepen your technical skills, or demonstrate your leadership skills to others in the society by joining a committee or presenting a technical paper at an SME Conference.
- SME Online Community — Create a personalized profile on the SME Community; an online forum for open discussion among existing SME committees and other technical interest groups. Interact with, and contribute to, the business of the society and SME’s working committees, or have online conversations with members who share your areas of interest. Get connected when it’s most convenient for you.
- OneMine Digital Database — Access to the world’s richest database of mining papers and publications, dating back to the early 1900’s. Whether your need is academic, professional development or workplace research, you’ll have unlimited access to this searchable, still growing database.
- Your SME Advantage — In addition to the benefits above, you’ll save hundreds of dollars when you attend meetings, webinars and short courses. You’ll also save 25% off your orders at the SME bookstore, and have access to an online membership directory.
Join Now, or download the application PDF, complete and fax to 303-948-4265.
Questions about membership?
Call the Member Relations Team at 800-763-3132 (303-948-4200 in Denver, CO) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already a member? Make the most of your membership just: get started, get connected, and then get involved.