SME is organized into eight unique distinct divisions to better serve the diverse needs of its members. SME Members select the division(s) that most closely match their career objectives.
The Roles of SME Divisions
SME divisions play an active role in SME governance, and they support the SME mission in a multitude of ways:
- Their representatives serve on the SME Board of Directors;
- They lend technical support to the Society by participating in SME committees;
- They create and organize meetings and symposia to address topical subjects;
- They administer SME scholarships and awards; and
- They review book proposals for SME publishing.
If you'd like to get involved with your SME Division, please complete a brief online survey.
Choose any of the below listed divisions more information: